As the holiday season approaches, many of us look forward to adorning our homes with beautiful and natural winter decorations. From winter greens planters to handmade garlands, wreaths, swags, and kissing balls, Scott's Nursery has you covered with our handcrafted decorations! We love to bring a touch of nature's charm into your homes. In this blog post, we will explore the best practices for caring for these delightful decorations to ensure they maintain their beauty throughout the festive season.
Winter Greens Planters:
- Selecting the Right Plants: When creating Winter greens planters, it's essential to choose hardy, evergreen plants like spruce, pine, and cedar. These plants will maintain their color and freshness throughout the holiday season.
- Watering: Keep the soil in the planter evenly moist but not waterlogged. Use a moisture meter to ensure the soil's consistency, and water when needed. Outdoor planters may require less frequent watering due to cooler temperatures.
- Protection from the Cold: If your winter greens planter is exposed to harsh winter weather, consider wrapping it with burlap or placing it in a sheltered area to prevent the plants from drying out.
Handmade Natural Garlands:
- Storage: When not in use, store your garlands in a cool, dry place. This prevents them from drying out or becoming infested with pests.
- Misting: Regularly mist your garlands with water to maintain their freshness and prevent them from becoming brittle.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Display your garlands away from direct sunlight or heat sources, as this can cause them to dry out prematurely.
- Regular Fluffing: Gently fluff the branches of your wreath to maintain its shape and fullness. This should be done periodically throughout the season.
- Protection from the Elements: Hang your wreath in a sheltered location, away from rain and snow. If displayed outdoors, consider using a wreath hanger to prevent it from getting damaged.
- Preserve with Water: To extend the life of your wreath, you can soak it for a few hours every couple of weeks. This will help keep the greens fresh.
- Hanging and Storing: Swags should be hung in a sheltered location, similar to wreaths. When storing them, keep them in a cool, dry place, and they will last for years.
- Misting and Moisture: Like garlands, kissing balls benefit from regular misting to maintain their freshness. Also, ensure they are kept in a moist environment to prevent them from drying out.
With these care tips, you can ensure that your winter greens planters, handmade natural garlands, wreaths, swags, and kissing balls remain vibrant and beautiful throughout the holiday season. Enjoy the natural beauty and festive spirit these decorations bring to your home, and share the joy of the season with your family and friends. Happy decorating!